Remember, there are plenty of reasons why working at a gym is great- use this gym resume template for experienced trainers. For example, at a gym you’ll get a constant flow of leads that come in from the club’s marketing. Additionally, access to a variety of fitness equipment won’t be an issue. You might even get health benefits.
Education that a hiring manager knows and trusts is one of the most important things to a gym chain. But, just as important- they’ll love to see any sales, customer service, or communications experience you have. Why? Because they want someone they know can easily build rapport with new and existing members, because this turns a monthly member into a high paying training client. Use this sequence, examples, and template for applying to gym chains when you already have experience as a trainer. Your resume will be slightly different if you’re new to the personal fitness industry.
First, follow this order of headings to include in your resume.
- Name and contact information
- Fitness training experience
Make sure your contact info includes home address, email address, phone number, and LinkedIn profile. You want potential employers to have easy access to make a connection. Don’t make them look to hard. Then, use the examples of skills and experience (or modify if needed) when you build your own resume.
Experienced personal trainer and fitness sales associate looking to grow as a fitness & nutrition coach and gain management experience with Planet Fitness.
Fitness Training Experience
- Personal Trainer, Crunch Fitness (2020 - 2021)
- Conducted one on one sessions and small group training sessions
- Provided behavioral nutrition coaching as part of training services
- 30% conversion rate from fitness assessment to paying client
- 50% client retention rate after completion of first training package or first month
- Total client weight loss count (in pounds): 1,750
- Total training sessions serviced: 2,000
- Membership Sales Representative, LA Fitness (2019 - 2020)
- 26% conversion rate of first time prospects
- 71% conversion rate of returning or referral prospects
- Group Fitness Trainer, LA Fitness (2019)
- Instructed multiple class formats including HIIT, Strength, and Boot Camp
- Average class size- 30 participants
- Instructed 3 classes per week
- Personal Fitness Achievements
- Lost 50 pounds through diet and exercise
- Decreased total cholesterol to safe zone without medication
- Decreased blood pressure to healthy range without medications
- AA, Exercise Science (Lionel University)
- ISSA Nutrition Coaching
- ISSA Transformation Specialist
- ISSA Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Support Desk Technician (2018 - 2019)
- Customer Service Agent (2017)
Skills & Other
- Rapport and relationship building
- Value-based fitness selling
- Referral and self-generated leads
- Competitive and goal oriented
- Motivational trainer to get clients results
- Execution of initial fitness assessments
- Knowledge of weight loss and weight management
- Public speaking and group presentations
- Knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office Suite products
Click here for editable google document.